Group Fitness Instructor
As a competitive athlete most of my life, I have spent over 3 decades playing sports often at provincial and national levels (predominantly figure skating and baseball). How I am active has evolved over the years and while I may not be competing, health - mentally and physically - is a top priority. As a kid balancing school and sports, to now my corporate career and teaching fitness I still strive to achieve the following, which you also see come into the classes I teach:
- Keep it interesting & have fun - I try to always change it up; whether it is new exercises, different reps, weights, ways to do something or even just the order you do it in… you constantly need to challenge yourself in order to keep growing and not get bored. Dont be surprised if you see me in one week do yoga, boxing, rock climbing, cycling, weight training, running, having fun with HIIT or other. It trains my body, and mind in different ways and I love it
- Give it 110% - Each workout or activity you do, give it your all. Your best today may be different than yesterday and thats ok. Time is short tough, especially in this busy world, so bring your best self, own energy and make it count
- Stay Focused - We live in a really busy world where our phones go off all the time with work emails and texts. I try to put it aside when I work out to give myself the mental break needed as I focus on me and what Ive come to the gym to accomplish.
- Progress not perfection - We are humans and not perfect at everything. When I train I try to improve one step at a time and its ok if your journey looks different than someone elses. As I train for a triathlon, swimming is my new thing… and I'm learning to celebrate the small accomplishments too (one lap at a time)!
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Health Science Degree, Western University (+ HBA Ivey, MBA Queens)
- CanFItPro Fitness Instructor Specialist
- Stages Cycling Instructor Certified
- Schwinn Cycling Instructor Certified
- Active Aging Certification
- Running Mechanics and Gait Analysis
- Ontario Physique Association/Canada Physique Association Member (Previous competitor)
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
I have so many but here are a few:
- IMPROVEMENT → “Fitness isnt about being better than someone else; it is about being better than you used to be.”
- PROGRESS → “Strive for progress, not perfection”
- DREAMS/GOALS → Almost every successful person has two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so
- MENTAL STRENGTH → Your body can withstand almost anything. It is your mind you need to convince.
- Another oldie but good one - Only in the dictionary does success come before work
FAVOURITE WORKOUT SONG:
I love mixing up my playlists. Right now Post Malone, Lizzo, Marshmello, Chainsmokers, Doja Cat, 24k Golden, LIl NasX, are a few artists playing in my headphones.
FAVOURITE CHEAT MEAL:
Its all about balance. I strive to eat really clean but you need to enjoy life at times too. If there is ever a bag of gummy bears or jube jubes near by, its game over for me.
Tuesdays, 7:00am - Strength and Stamina
Wednesdays, 6:00pm - A-Ride
You may see me around the gym teaching other spin, muscle conditioning, HIIT or boxing classes at times too for my peers, so come say hello!