Stratus Holiday Favourites
Spice of Life
Before we fully dive into the holiday season, we wanted to share a few of our favourite holiday recipes. Curated by Stratus Restaurant's Chef Martha, these recipes offer a twist on holiday classics that we know your family and friends will love! Spread joy this holiday season and share some of our favourites with those that you love!
Rosemary Spiced Nuts
A classic holiday staple at Stratus and a perfect, simple dish to have out for your next get together. We guarantee that your friends and family will love them!
- 1 lb unsalted mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp coarse chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Toss nuts with butter and spread out onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350F until golden, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While nuts roast, mix rosemary, sugar, cayenne and salt in a bowl. Add nuts and toss to coat Serve warm or cool.
These holiday cookies, with a twist on the classic shortbread, are must haves for our guests every holiday season! Instantly get into the holiday spirit with just one bite!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 oz Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Place flour, butter, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the Stilton cheese and chopped walnuts and pulse until the dough is crumbly and just holds together when pinched between two fingers.
- Turn dough onto a piece of baking parchment. Gather into a ball, flatten into a disc, and place a second piece of parchment on top. Roll the dough until 1/4" thick.
- Cut into cookies with a 2" cutter. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place cookies 1" apart.
- Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes or until just set, not browned.