I have been a certified personal trainer since 2002 and, more recently, a practicing holistic nutritionist. I have always been passionate about helping people lead more vibrant lives through exercise and sound nutrition. I also believe that food should be your medicine and with proper diet, stress management, and the correct exercise prescription for YOU, everyone can lead a healthier, happier, more productive life.
It’s all about balance in our busy world and there’s no one single program for everyone. With the proper assessment I work with my clients to create strategies that work for them and whatever demands their lives hold.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certified Nutritional Practitioner (CNP), Institute of Holistic Nutrition
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, York University
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), Certified Professional Trainers Network (CPTN)
- Certified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, Beck Institute
- Medical Exercise Specialist, AAHFRP
- Holistic Lifestyle Coach, Level 1, C.H.E.K. Institute
- Pre- and Post-Natal Specialist, CanFitPro
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist, International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Certified Bootcamp Instructor, CanFitPro
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
“Time is going to pass anyway, so why not start now.” This was from a friend and really resonated with me and helped me to decide to go back to school to become a nutritionist.
FAVOURITE WORKOUT SONG:
As a big fan of electronic and dance music, I'll put on a DJ set and get my training on!
FAVOURITE CHEAT MEAL:
I believe in the 80/20 rule. Stay on point 80% of the time and then you can enjoy a treat once in a while. I enjoy going out for pizza at Via Mercante with a glass of wine as a cheat sometimes. When you plan for it, you can enjoy yourself without the guilt, but you have to earn it!