Growing up in Boston, fitness and competitive tennis shaped our lives and was a way to bring our family together. I grew up in a very athletic family with both my dad and brother playing tennis at a national and international level. But my true understanding of health came when I was 14 years old and was diagnosed with a chronic blood disorder. I was told by doctors that I had to ‘give up’ basically all my athletic goals, and ‘adjust’ my career aspirations as well.
Many years later after recovering from my blood disorder, I was in two major car accidents that changed my entire perspective on fitness, movement, and functional training. I didn’t know it at the time, but these major components: my passion for sport and fitness, the psychology and motivation behind rehabilitative work, the drive to recovery and healing, and the desire to move pain free, with purpose, and result, has shaped my methodology as a fitness professional.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Work & Psychology (specializing in health promotion, lifestyle coaching, & behaviour modification), Ryerson University
- Certified Personal Trainer, CanFitPro
- GoodLife Personal Training Institute (GLPTI) Certified
- DTS Low Back Fundamentals Intensive
- DTS Fascial Mobility Training (FMT) Practitioner
- DTS Striking Fundamentals
- Precision Nutrition, Level 1 (PN1): Pending, April 2019
- Exercise Therapist, Level 1: Pending, March 2019
- DTS Low Back Alain Specialist: Pending, March 2019
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
I was fortunate enough to learn at a very young age that health is wealth, and we are absolutely nothing without it.
FAVOURITE WORKOUT SONG:
Give me some old school hip hop or trance that never ends and we’re good to go!
FAVOURITE CHEAT MEAL:
Cheat meal, what cheat meal? Never cheat yourself, treat yourself (in moderation)! Guilty Pleasure: cinnamon raisin toast (President’s Choice, to be exact) with butter and Nutella…Good luck with moderation though!